Migrating SQL Server Reporting Services

• blakemcneill

SSC Journeyman

Comments posted to this topic are about the item Migrating SQL Server Reporting Services

• terry.home

SSC Eights!

Thank you for very useful post. I have previously had to deal with SSRS Migrations (which were migrated by others) where my biggest gripe was that they failed to migrate subscriptions to reports that had taken lots of time to setup.

Does this method also copy subscriptions or is a seperate article required to cover that?

• blakemcneill

SSC Journeyman

terry.home - Thursday, March 21, 2019 3:33 PM

Thank you for very useful post. I have previously had to deal with SSRS Migrations (which were migrated by others) where my biggest gripe was that they failed to migrate subscriptions to reports that had taken lots of time to setup.

Does this method also copy subscriptions or is a seperate article required to cover that?

According to the article from Microsoft (https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sql/reporting-services/report-server/moving-the-report-server-databases-to-another-computer-ssrs-native-mode?view=sql-server-2017), the subscriptions should be copied over.

Subscriptions, cached reports, and snapshots are preserved in the moved database. If a snapshot is not picking up refreshed data after the database is moved, clear the snapshot options in Report Manager, click Apply to save your changes, re-create the schedule, and click Apply again to save your changes.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply