Migrating SQL Server 2014 databases to Oracle 19.

• I understand that the data can be moved in a variety of ways, like below.

But what about the DDL itself?

I have a SQL 2014 database, and two more from 2016, that I need to migrate to Oracle 19.

How can I generate all PL/SQL DDL for all source tables? i need at least CREATE TABLE for each, but of course preferrably with all constraints and Foreign Keys, etc.  . indexes, too, but indexes is not a priority.  What are my best options?

Obtain Oracle DDL     = How ?

Move data to Oracle  = below, and more, relatively clear and easy:

Use a tool such as Microsoft SQL Server Migration Assistant for Oracle.

Use SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS).

Create a Linked Server on SQL Server pointing to the Oracle database.

Export Oracle data to a CSV file and then import the data to SQL Server via bulk copy.

Likes to play Chess

• Dude!  There's no need to triple post!  It just spreads out answers and wastes other people's time because they cannot see all that's been posted.

Please folks... no answers here.  Let's concentrate our efforts on one of the posts at the following URL:  Thanks.

https://www.sqlservercentral.com/forums/topic/i-need-to-move-database-with-500-tables-from-sql-server-to-oracle-19-2

--Jeff Moden

RBAR is pronounced "ree-bar" and is a "Modenism" for Row-By-Agonizing-Row.
    First step towards the paradigm shift of writing Set Based code:
    ________Stop thinking about what you want to do to a ROW... think, instead, of what you want to do to a COLUMN.

Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.

Helpful Links:
    How to post code problems
    How to Post Performance Problems
    Create a Tally Function (fnTally)

• sorry; i intended to post in Oracle section but first posted here by mistake. How can I delete my post?

Likes to play Chess

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply