Migrating from VS2008 to VS2010

• Hi all,

Having some problems migrating some SSIS packages from VS2008 to VS2010 and hoping someone can point me in the right direction.

On our dev server, I've tried following these instructions: https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms185327(v=vs.100).aspx

The wizard finishes with "All projects converted successfully", however in solution explorer it says "unavailable" next to the project name, with "The project file was unloaded" next to it.

The UpgradeLog.txt file looks like:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?><?xml-stylesheet type='text/xsl' href='_UpgradeReport_Files/UpgradeReport.xslt'?><UpgradeLog>

<Properties><Property Name="Solution" Value="TindogsAmazingSolution">

</Property><Property Name="Solution File" Value="C:\Dev\TindogsAmazingSolution.sln">

</Property><Property Name="Date" Value="11 May 2016">

</Property><Property Name="Time" Value="10:58">

</Property><Property Name="Log Number" Value="6">

</Property></Properties><Event ErrorLevel="3" Project="TindogsAmazingSolution" Source="TindogsAmazingSolution.dtproj" Description="Project not converted.">

</Event><Event ErrorLevel="0" Project="" Source="TindogsAmazingSolution.sln" Description="Solution converted successfully">

</Event><Event ErrorLevel="3" Project="" Source="TindogsAmazingSolution.sln" Description="Converted">

</Event></UpgradeLog>

I've been struggling to find any info on error levels, but could be my lack of understanding of this log?

I then decided to see if I could copy my packages into a new solution. This almost worked. When I import a package, I get an error "Warning at Get Error Message [Get Error Message]: Found SQL Server Integration Services 2008 Script Task "ST_1033e51ae4c942119a96755e52382b87" that requires migration!"

In most examples, I am executing some stored procedures and then using a slowly changing dimension task. The SQL tasks run correctly, however the SCD task loses all its settings on import - I have quite a few packages so it'll take me some time to reconfigure each one, which I'd rather not do if possible.

Any ideas? I hope I'm overlooking something terribly simple...

Thanks

Tindog

• OK I'm having a quick stab at this again and my SSRS projects all upgrade with no problems.

This is driving me mad.

• Plot twist; I tried upgrading the same project but from a different server and it worked.

But still lost settings for SCD tasks...a great annoyance but not a major life crisis.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply