Migrate database from SQL Express to 2012

• Trying to migrate a database from SQL Express to 2012 and it will not let me. Any suggestions if this is even possible

• How are you doing the migration? You should be able to just backup the database and restore it to 2012 standard/enterprise edition.

Thanks

• That is what I am trying telling me not compatible

• Are you running 2012 Express edition??

Thanks

• Enterprise

• Is your Express edition 2012 too??

• keanyukas wrote:

Enterprise

What do you mean "enterprise"? Your title says the says Express. Even so a SQL Server 2012 database on  Enterprise edition can be restored on a Standard Edition Server.

What version (and edition) is the database you're trying to restore from? For example SQL Server 2008 Express, SQL Server 2014 Enterprise, SQL Server 2019 on Linux Evaluation, etc, etc.

Thom~

Excuse my typos and sometimes awful grammar. My fingers work faster than my brain does.
    Larnu.uk

• I am trying to take a SQLEXPRESS database version 13.0.4001 and restore to SQL Server version 11.0.6248.0

• keanyukas wrote:

I am trying to take a SQLEXPRESS database version 13.0.4001 and restore to SQL Server version 11.0.6248.0

You can't. SQL Server is not forward compatible.

Thom~

Excuse my typos and sometimes awful grammar. My fingers work faster than my brain does.
    Larnu.uk

• There's your problem, you are trying to migrate from 2016 to 2012. You'll need to migrate to 2016 or above.

Thanks

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply