"Microsoft visual studio has encountered a problem and needs to close" error when attempting to open a particular SSIS package

• Hi All,

I'm using SQL Server Business Intelligence Development Studio (MS VS 2008) version, and when I've been trying to open a particular SSIS package (.dtsx file), it's returning me a "Microsoft visual studio has encountered a problem and needs to close." error. I'm able to open other packages up fine. I've even tried to replace my local copy with another from our version control system, but no good. Any advice on how I can resolve this issue? Thanks in advance! 

• daniness - Thursday, October 4, 2018 11:51 AM

Hi All,

I'm using SQL Server Business Intelligence Development Studio (MS VS 2008) version, and when I've been trying to open a particular SSIS package (.dtsx file), it's returning me a "Microsoft visual studio has encountered a problem and needs to close." error. I'm able to open other packages up fine. I've even tried to replace my local copy with another from our version control system, but no good. Any advice on how I can resolve this issue? Thanks in advance! 

Does the package contain any third-party components? Eg, file watcher, Cozyroc  etc ... and if so, do you have the components installed on the problematic machine?

If you haven't even tried to resolve your issue, please don't expect the hard-working volunteers here to waste their time providing links to answers which you could easily have found yourself.

• Thanks for your reply, Phil. I don't have any 3rd party components installed. It's the strangest thing...the error has ceased for now...hopefully won't have to revisit this. Thanks for your input!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply