Microsoft no longer offering x64 SQL Server 2005 Standard??

• Hey All,

We have a frustrating problem.  It appears that Microsoft is no longer offering (or at least not offering for July) SQL Server 2005 Standard Edition x64.  It has apparently been removed from their July price list.  You can get 32 bit or you can get IA64, but no x64 unless we go to Enterprise $$ which really isn't an option. 

Can anyone out there shed some light on this development?  Is this a permanent change?  Will it be offered in the future? 

Thanks.

Sincerely,

Dan B.

• Are you trying to buy it directly from Microsoft?  I went to Microsoft site and it looks like I could purchase what you are looking for at this site:

http://www.microsoft.com/products/info/product.aspx?view=22&pcid=a0cccd9a-c37e-4d82-9329-8d14c1cbd7ae&crumb=catpage&catid=cd1daedd-9465-4aef-a7bf-8f5cf09a4dc0

• Thanks for the link!

We've heard from our CDW contact and our MS partner person that you can place an order, but they don't actually have it and can't sell it.  We have not actually tried this as the up-front cost of 12 grand is a lot bigger hit than the SPLA.

-Dan B

• Hey everyone,

Thanks to those who poked around.  It looks like this was a clerical error on Microsoft's part.  SQL Server 2005 Standard x64 was simply left off of the July price lists.  It is back on for August.

Sincerely,

Dan B

• I know that must be an error because I have not used 32bits Oracle since 9i hit the market so stopping 2005 x64 any edition is not in Microsoft best interest because it would have just sent companies to Oracle.

Kind regards,
    Gift Peddie

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply