Microsoft Business Intelligence Project Booster Kit

• Good work Siddharth. Thank you for sharing this with us.

• excellent article about the Microsoft Business Intelligence Project Booster Kit

thanx for posting for us

Data entry india

• excellent article about the Microsoft Business Intelligence Project Booster Kit

thanx for posting for us

Data entry india

• Thanks Siddarth!

It is a very interesting article.

• SBS-291204 (11/24/2009)

Mate, I think you'll find Jamie Thomson is a man... unless he's not telling us something?

Thank you man! 🙂

I didn't know about this article until yesterday evening when Siddharth blurted out in front of about 40 fellow SQL folks that he thought I was a woman! Also, the law of sod means that I had taken a couple of my project colleagues along with me for the 1st time - so you can imagine the stick that I'm getting at work this morning!!!

I am, and always have been, a bloke! 🙂

• Serious Apollogies Jamie ! 😀

• SBS-291204 (11/24/2009)

Mate, I think you'll find Jamie Thomson is a man... unless he's not telling us something?

Actually, I think that you'll find that Jamie Thomson is THE Man, especially when it comes to helping people getting started with BIDS and SSIS... 🙂

[font="Times New Roman"]-- RBarryYoung[/font], [font="Times New Roman"] (302)375-0451[/font] blog: MovingSQL.com, Twitter: @RBarryYoung[font="Arial Black"]
    Proactive Performance Solutions, Inc.
    [/font]
    [font="Verdana"] "Performance is our middle name."[/font]

• Hi Siddarth,

Thanks for a very interesting article!

In the list of tools I would suggest something that most BI developer forget, although it might save them lots of time, certainly for SSIS projects and to a lesser extend for SSAS / SSRS projects (depending of the complexity): Source Version Control. After all, even if we are strictly speaking no software developers, we build custom tailored systems for our customers and the same development rules should apply.

Since most projects I've seen so far imply a single developer or a very small team per project, I've been searching the web for some cheap, or even better, free Source Version Control tools. I've found and recently tested a pair of open source and freely downloadable tools allowing to set up basic Version Control:

TortoiseSVN[/url], a Windows Shell extension and AnkhSVN[/url], a plug-in for Visual Studio. They just take a few minutes to install and, at first use, 1/2 a day to get started with the concept. Once used to work with it, you'll soon ask yourself how you could ever miss it!

Luc Magnée
    MCTS BI
    Antwerp - Belgium

• Thanks for your feedback. I am intending to come up with the next part of Booster Kit as Booster Kit - Part II. I have know this tool when I used to work with DotNet years back, but have not used it much. I have used TFS and VSS. I would give this a try, and if I find it as good as you described, I would definitely include it in my list. 🙂

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply