Metric Won’t Display Results in Tab Cube

• Hello,
    I have a Tabular cube model, 2016 (1200) version, with many named folders, with many columns in each, on one particular folder, I have all the columns hidden, and have metrics down in the grid, with a typical syntax like:
    Feature Revenue:=SUM('FolderName'[Feature Revenue])
    I can build, and deploy, and nothing but $0.00, in three revenue columns, marked as Currently data format, 0 on precision. Yet, all the other metrics I have in this folder, display the result content just fine. I have a similar cube that uses this same set of formulas, no issues in displaying the results.
    I can go to the table that feeds this folder, and select sum(colname) from tablename and yes it does have data there to sum and see the results.
    What’s going on here? What can I do to fix this?
    Thank you

• quinn.jay - Tuesday, October 9, 2018 11:16 AM

Hello,
    I have a Tabular cube model, 2016 (1200) version, with many named folders, with many columns in each, on one particular folder, I have all the columns hidden, and have metrics down in the grid, with a typical syntax like:
    Feature Revenue:=SUM('FolderName'[Feature Revenue])
    I can build, and deploy, and nothing but $0.00, in three revenue columns, marked as Currently data format, 0 on precision. Yet, all the other metrics I have in this folder, display the result content just fine. I have a similar cube that uses this same set of formulas, no issues in displaying the results.
    I can go to the table that feeds this folder, and select sum(colname) from tablename and yes it does have data there to sum and see the results.
    What’s going on here? What can I do to fix this?
    Thank you

To add some clarity, I created the formula using the tools, so the columns are correct, there is data in the table it reads from, and the results don't show in the model when I process the table, yet a freehand sum on the cols its there, I build and deploy the cube, and I connect with excel, and no values display from the cube in the spreadsheet. Yet I have other metrics in this same folder and they display fine.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 1 (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply