META Data Error in SSIS package

• Hi

I have been assigned to do the following task.

senario :

There is one root folder say "Root"

This folder has 3 Flat Files. example: StudentInfoFile, CustomerFile , DepartmentFile.

The database has also 3 tables with StudentInfoTable, CustomerTable , DepartmentTable.

Each Tables has different number of columns and with different names ( thats obvious right )

I created an SSIS package with one Data Flow Task, which has Flat File Source and OLE db Destination.

I created 2 variables FlatFilename and TargetTable, I am supplying the Filename and TableName from configurationfile (dtsConfig File).

At the time of creating the package , I configured with connection mangers pointing to

StudentInfoFile ------>StudentInfoTable SQL Server Table.

This time SSIS package ran pretty good and the data is loaded on the table.

Problem:

Then I changed the FlatFileName and TargetTable variable values to CustomerFile and CustomerTable.

I got this Error VS_NEEDSNEWMETADATA

this is the screen shot of that Error.

Please help me in solving this issue...

I have to Load all of that flat files into a database tables using this Single ssis package only.

Any help is appreciated...

Thanks in advance

• how does SSIS understands how many columns/data types in customer file or dept file, you must create a separate DFT's for each flat file if layout is not same.

its same as you did for one file, repeat same stpes for other too..

• I read something related to this ..

stating that...this can be done by in Script Task..

or there is any other way to refresh the Metadata of that package so that mapping will not be a problem.

please help me with this...

• You'll need three dataflow tasks.

That does not mean that you need three packages. You can chain from one DF to another, or run them in parallel, within the same package.

If you haven't even tried to resolve your issue, please don't expect the hard-working volunteers here to waste their time providing links to answers which you could easily have found yourself.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply