Merging Projects - SSIS, SSRS, SSAS - GIT source control

• Hi,

We have been struggling for a while to find a solution where we could work on BI projects as a team and later easily merge them without loosing other persons changes or even breaking the project. We are using Git as our source control. What solutions do you use? How you manage this kind of problems?

• It is possible to create branches in Git and then merge them. Are you not utilizing that functionality?

I think most source control systems (I've used Git, TFS and SVN in the past) have similar features...it's usually just a case of figuring out a process and method that works best for your environment. The integration of TFS with Visual Studio helps or course, but my experience with Git hasn't been bad either.

• We use TFS in work and took the decision that all check outs should take an exclusive lock. We have worked around this by ensuring communication among team members and ensuring that our SSIS/SSAS projects are as "modular" as possible. We are a small team so it works for us. We ran into too many issues in the past trying to merge that it became unworkable for us.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply