Merge Replication set up

• Hi,

I wanted to create a merge replication with SQL 2005 as publisher and SQL 2000 as subscriber. But when I try to create a merge replication, it is giving the below error.

Publication 'PubName' cannot be added to database 'DBName', because a publication with a higher compatibility level already exists. All merge publications in a database must have the same compatibility level.

Publication 'PubName' does not exist.

Changed database context to 'DBName'. (.Net SqlClient Data Provider)

Error Number: 21528

Severity: 16

State: 1

Procedure: sp_addmergepublication

Line Number: 250

Please help me......

Thanks

• What level is your db running on SQL server?

It seems from the error message that you already have a publication at a higher level, did you setup publication when your db was set at level 90?

• The database compatibility level is 90. Actually, this server act as a subscriber of another replication(let it be AB). So, please let me know if am changing the compatibility to 80 the other replication(AB) will get affected or not like missing of any functionalities of SQL 2005

Thanks

• You cannot replicate a lvl 90 db to sql 2000, so you will need to change it and redo the publication.

You change the compatibily level at the database, not the server so it 'shouldn't' affect the other databases. Though as I know nothing about your setup, as always I would test out any changes on a Dev server before going anywhere near production.

• ya.. I have changed the compatability level at database level only. I am facing this in development server only.

Thanks

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply