Merge Replication

• I am new to sql and its merge replication and I'm trying to merge data from my central office to my field office.  However, I've got an ID column in one of the tables that is not happy and I can't figure out how to solve it. This is the error message that I'm getting:

(Source: Merge Replication Provider (Agent); Error number: -2147201001)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ALTER TABLE statement conflicted with COLUMN FOREIGN KEY constraint 'Permitting_Casing_FK00'. The conflict occurred in database 'PAWSDOGISQL2', table 'Permitting', column 'Permitting_ID'

I've read documentation that I need to drop the Foreign Key in the table but I get this error message:  Cannot drop the table 'permitting' because it is being used for replication.

Thanks for help !

• You will need to drop replication from the database, fix the problem with the table -- then re-enable replication.

I would recomend scripting out the replication before droping it. you can either re-run the script to rebuild replication or use it as a reference.

Good Luck

Don't count what you do, do what counts.

SQL Draggon

• Thanks Sql Draggon !  I'll try that.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply