Memorial Day

• Tomb of the Unknown Soldier

It's an off day in the US today, a holiday where most businesses are shut down and not much work is being done. I know we're a global community, but I'm a US guy, so you'll have to indulge me today. Plus many countries have a similar day of remembrance, it just may not be this particular day.

Memorial Day is a day where we in the US remember those that died in the service of our country. Regardless of your view on the politicians who decide what our soldiers do, the men and women who believe in their country and have given their lives for their country, deserve some respect.

The business world is nowhere near the military one, but in once sense it is similar. The individuals that often do the work do so because they are told to by their leaders. The stakes are infinitely smaller in the business world, but the structure of command is similar.

There's two sides to this. The first is the same one that comes up in war crimes trials. Just because you are ordered to do something, doesn't mean you should. Each of us should be guided by our own moral compass and stick to it as much as possible. If you can avoid following orders you think are wrong, then I hope you find the strength to not follow them.

The second thing to remember is that each of us is usually following orders. And sometimes we need to follow orders because we have a mortgage to pay, our spouse lost their job, etc. Don't blame the individual doing the work for following an order you don't agree with, especially when your approval is a matter of opinion.

Happy Memorial Day and thoughts and prayers for those serving in the armed forces.

• To think about on a day like this?

I would urge everyone to take a look at the avalance-like amount of evidence that suggest it was not the airplanes that brought down the twin towers, but explosives in a controlled demolition. The story we have been told is fysically impossible in several ways. Newtons first law explains Conservation of energy, which means that it would have been impossible for the towers to fall in free fall speed as they did without use of explosives.

Second, fire cant melt steel. The meltingpoint for steel is 1370 degr Celsius, the fire was at most 500 degr. celsius. How could there be molten metal underneath the rubble 4 weeks after?

Third, Most people nearby testify about explosives going of in the buidlings. Why should we ignore this?

I have studied the evidence now for 1,5 years and there is no doubt there have been a major cover-up. I would like to call for more programmers like myself to just spend a little time to look at this. What is it exactly that we sacrifice human life for?

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=4194796183168750014&q=911+revisited

http://www.st911.org

Please feel free to post a comment right here or to my email: johan@tiberg.com

Best regards

Johan Tiberg

• Great point, Steve.

Regardless of any issues I may have with the current US cabinet and the devastation it has wrought in the area of international relations, I have nothing but respect and admiration for the hundreds of thousands of men and women in the country's armed forces.  Their dedication and devotion to duty is awe-inspiring, and they deserve our support.

My thoughts and prayers are with them.

Michael

-----------------

C8H10N4O2

• (Happy Memorial Day and thoughts and prayers for those serving in the armed forces.)

Happy memorial day to all!

Kind regards,
    Gift Peddie

• One of the things that I note is the number of former military that are in my business dealings.  Great folks to work with.

Johan: Not so my friend.  Here in Kansas City we had a train derail under a bridge.  The train was many tank cars of fuel and fuel additives.  It caught fire.  We watched as the steel supports under that bridge buckle and collapse.  They actually pulled away from the concrete road deck and fall onto the burning train.  The concrete road deck lasted for three more hours.  This was years before 9/11.

Near my house was a gas main.  A car crashed into the main, bursting it.  This was low pressure natural gas.  The railroad bridge 200 yards away had steel side rails.  Those plates half a meter high.  The whole side had to be replaced as it was bowed and sagged down under its own weight.  it never even go red.

Two incidents, many years apart, right in front of my very eyes.  Both years before 9/11.  Been there and watched it happen.

Then go look up the differences between static and dynamic load factors in buildings.

ATBCharles Kincaid

• My stance on this thread is that I would prefer that it not get hijacked by a discussion on 9/11 and remains on the topic of remembering those have pride in their country as well as the honour and courage to stand up and be willing to be called on when it comes time to make the ultimate sacrifice.

I'm not a resident or citizen of the USA but that doesn't make your Memorial Day any less important than our own ANZAC Day.

Spare a few seconds for those who are willing to make a difference and then wonder if the cowards who spit on them are worthy of the freedoms that they gain from the actions of the brave.  Something that needs to be remembered the next time some do-gooder is preaching tolerance for a group who contribute nothing to the benefit of society in general.

To all the members of the defence forces in the USA, Australia, England and all other allied countries; their families, friends & partners: Be proud to be a part of something important.

A lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine.

• Charles Kincaid. Apparently you didnt read my three points. I didnt talk about the case of weakening steel, as you seems to do. I am asking you why so many laws of engineering and fysics can be broken, that is if you believe the government story that 19 al-Qaida members managed to bring 3 buildings down by hitting two of them in the World Trade center. There was also a building 7 (not to forget), 47 story building that came down also in nearly free fall speed 6,5 seconds.

Regarding the twin towers, it was only a small part of the buildings that were under fire, the rest was perfectly intact. I have studied the construction of these buidlings they had 47 massive interioir steel columns (the core of the building) and 240 steel columns in the perimeter. These buildings were completely overdimensioned to withstand 10 times the maximum load and also impacts of jetliner. How do you explain this?

For these buildings to come down in 10 seconds (free fall speed) can only be explained by using explosives, which means this was planned long before 911. I am suggesting that 911 was an inside job in order to launch two wars (Afghanistan and Iraq) and roll back civil liberties by the Patriot act and the Homeland security bill.

Here are two very short videos. Please take a look at them before commenting on my remarks.

http://video.google.com/url?docid=-3570129284415144329&esrc=gvnxau&ev=v&vidurl=http://video.google.com/videoplay%3Fdocid%3D-3570129284415144329%26hl%3Den&usg=AL29H23vCi1Fwk_m9Cqb--WnHkMG5RFBMA

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=6333886887490767906&q=911+Eyewitness+Hoboken&hl=en

Best regards,

Johan

• Johan,

Perhaps you should take a swing over to the Popular Mechanics web site and see their explanation as to why what happened is plausible and how the other building was affected and why.

Ad maiorem Dei gloriam

• OK. Touchy subject, wrong forum.

ATBCharles Kincaid

• Bill Wehnert: Good that your are enough interested to be familiar with Popular mechanics. However, They dont explain why there is molten metal at the site several weeks after (could only be explanied by explosives)? They dont explain why all 3 buidlings fel in free fall speed, the same speed as if you drop a billiard ball from the top of one of those buildings.

Popular mechanics dont explain all dozens of witnesses that testify about exploseives... (see the link I attached earlier) so those people (Popular Mechanics) struggle very hard just to cover up what was really behind, just as the 911 comission did, they didnt even mention that WTC7 a 47 story tall steel framed building fell down in free fall speed at 5.20 PM the same day. That comission report is just over 500 pages of lies.

I thought programmers like myself would be willing to listen to reasons, not to ridicule others for hearing something they cant already explain or already know. Not to do so is continuing the DM (Death March) as Alan Cooper would have said.

Best regards

Johan Tiberg

• Johan, the illuminati can break most of the laws of physics these days, with their alien technology.

-- Stephen Cook

• Well said Stephen.

Born american almost 60 years ago. Have had friends and family who have server in country and overseas. Many have served in time of armed conflict and have put the life on the line. Some came home in boxes, some in pieces, all were changed. It cost us all and that cost was hard for many to face.

I consider it an honor to thank these men and women who have done such a great thing.

In response to Johan, you should be thanking these men and women who have served this country and protected your freedoms. Without them where would you be?

Not all gray hairs are Dinosaurs!

• The reason i am writing here is that I agree with Steve, who started this thread, by saying that we to often follow orders and its wrong to blaim someone who does so. Anyone can just do a tiny bit of research on the subject of 911 on the Internet and realize that 911 was in inside job made by people within the Bush / Cheney Administration, and not what they call al-Qaida.

If you start linging up what happened, the official story just evaporates, its just bogus. Now we killed more then 600.000 Iraqis in this war, and from the last gulf war in 1991 about 200.000 american servicemen/wemen are declared disabled today everywhere between 10 and 100 procent. This is because the DU (Depleted Uranium) weapons that was used then and is still used now. I have got much of real facts for this if someone might be interested. I am wondering how many will be disabled on delayed basis from this war?

... so all these people deserve to be remembered, thats my point. I pray for more people just to look just for a few minutes of their precious time into this.

Thanks, Johan

• I don't agree with this current war, and I think using depleted uranium as ammunition is moronic, and I'll even go as far as to say that I don't believe everything the government says at face value. But, finding some points that seem bogus does not immediately prove the conspiracy theory is true. I subscribe to the rule of Hanlon's Razor: "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity." And one should not trust the internet for research, at least not without correlating it to a source that any random fool can't edit.

This link is pretty convincing to me.

-- Stephen Cook

• Stephen Cook. "Removed by the editor" -does the website on the link you mentioned scream out. Did that convince you? I red all of that text. There is only one fact in the whole text that is approximately true, and that is the meltingpoint for steel, in the very last sentence. However, since melting steel requires temperature far above what jet-fuel can generate, how are we to explain molten metal in pools several weeks after 911? How do you explain that?

How do you explain that the buildings came down in free fall speed? What about the larger part of the building that was not affected at all by the fire? Did all that steel also weaken in free fall speed? Evidence of used thermite/thermate was also found from steel samples. Thermate cuts through steel like a knife through butter.

... so Steven, I dont know if you are serious or not, but where are the facts? Dylan Avery is not exactly alone. Last fall already more than half of US population believed there has been a government cover-up of 911. Please take a moment to look what this movement on 911 truth is really about.

Did you take a look at the links I provided earlier?

Best regards,

Johan Tiberg

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply