MDX on SSIS

• Hi,

i have connected a olap cube from SSIS, have MDX query in the SQL command parsing fine, when clicked on Preview, its displaying the columns and the data, but, when clicked on mapping.. i am getting this error message..

Error :-

"Warning at {AA5F77DD-A6F0-4381-B3D2-DDB732A9999F} [OLE DB Source(1)]: The output "OLE DB Source Output"(11) references an external data type that cannot be mapped to the data flow task data type. The Data Flow task data type DT_WSTR will be used instead.

Any suggestions would be appreciated...

Thanks

Deepak.P.

• Let it do that.

It is just mapping the data type to a string because it does not know how to map it to anything better. This happens with SSAS results.

I would recommend you use a data conversion transformation as the first thing in your data flow after the source. This will allow you to rename the columns to something that other components will not have problems with.

• Hi,

I Forgot to mention that i have used the Data Converter and converted all the columns to DT_STR and mapped the columns accordingly.. but still, when i run the package, it throws me out with the same error message..

i am sure, there should be something i am missing out here.. please help me

Thanks

Deepak

• Hey...

Guess what.. its running now.. even with the warning.. its absolutely working fine now...

Thanks for all your help..

Thanks

Deepak.P.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply