MCTS? Check. MCITP? Check. What now??

• I often wonder what people in a similar position have done to enhance their skills around the SQL Server BI area for the long term. I have done the MS certs and have MCITPs in 2005 database developer & 2008 BI developer and have some excellent relevant 'real world' experience giving me a good rounded foundation to build upon.

I really enjoy mentoring and coaching peers and have been toying with the idea of doing the Comp TIA to become a MS Certified Trainer. Ideally in the future I would like to combine short term consultancy using this experience to compliment the delivery of training courses.

However, recently I ended up informally project managing a SQL Server 2008 data warehouse project including technically managing BI developers, dealing with business users, through to influencing and presenting the benefits to the execs. Although at present I still enjoy cutting code, I enjoyed some aspects of this role and had some really good feedback which makes me think maybe the Prince2 certification might be worth pursuing.

I am looking to make a decision which will benefit my career over the next 3-5 years and I wanted to know it anyone else is currently in a similar position or perhaps someone moved down one of these routes and would like to share their opinions.

Thanks all!

• check out the Windows certs, Exchange, VMWare or Oracle

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 1 (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply