MCITP DBA numbers - so few

• A new member to the MCITP club - so proud 🙂

Congratulations!!!

• More depressing for me was to find that there is now a level of certification that is higher than MCITP. The "master" level. And to learn that the requirements ($, time, travel) put it out of my reach. MS would say don't worry and that master is not for everyone, but there is no denying that within a week of achieving MCITP, I could no longer claim that I had highest level of SQL Server certification available. I'll now have to say highest level "generally available".

http://blogs.msdn.com/trika/archive/2008/06/26/more-on-the-certified-master-programs-from-me-per-the-program-owner.aspx

The Master cert convinces me more than ever that the marketing folks at MS are intent on naming everything such that you hate yourself each time you say the name out loud. e.g, Business Intelligence Development Studio, MCITP DBA

• The DBA architect is fairly specialized, and I'm not sure how valuable it is.

I'd stick with ITPro as the certification to show off and use on your resume/CV

• I'm on the MCITP: Database Administrator list :cool::cool: 4 Dec 2008 ;);)

MCITP: Database Administrator 2005
    MCTS SQL Server 2008
    MCP SQL 2012/2014
    MCSA SQL Server 2012/2014
    MCSE Data Management and Analytics

• Peter Schofield (7/7/2008)

However, the good news is that to upgrade from SQL2005 MCITP DBA to SQL2008 MCITP DBA it just takes one exam. Phew!

http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcp/mcitp/sql/2008/default.mspx%5B/quote%5D

I am one of few MCITP DBA 2008 charter members passed exam based on on this 70-453 preparation guide. Don't know if there is much information on microsoft site regrading prep materials for the exam but when I was preparing Oct-Dec 2008 this was the most comprehensive prep guide.

Good luck!

• As for prep material for the 2008 exams: as said in several posts in these forums you can use the 2005 prep materials, if you make sure to do proper reading about the new 2008 features as well (if you have followed this beforehand, you might do with a quick reread as a reminder 🙂 ).

The 2008 exams in general have a lot of questions that can be answered based on 2005 experience/knowledge.

Personally I think the exam detail pages on MS learning give a pretty good overview of the subjects that might be part of an exam.

For me this will be a certificationless year, as I managed to pass my last remaining 2008 exams just before christmas. Perhaps that will leave me with some time to dig a little deeper into subjects that interest me ...

Peter Rijs
    BI Consultant, The Netherlands

Viewing 6 posts - 31 through 35 (of 35 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply