MCITP 70-441 and 70-442 exams - guidence

• Hello SSC'ians

After gaining some experience in the SQL (basically on MSSQL2000), now planning to get my first certification done on SQL 2005 (Database Developer) (70-441 and 442)

I need some help on how to start and co-ordinate with self for preparation on this. Tips, advices, suggestions, even if you have book link... also will be great help.

Is it a good idea for taking the related course? or ref to the books and self practice and with some experience counts?

please let me know and thank you so much.

/n RMudugal

ww; Raghu
    --
    The first and the hardest SQL statement I have wrote- "select * from customers" - and I was happy and felt smart.

• MS Press Books

BOL

and a lot of SSC reading.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    This thing is addressing problems that dont exist. Its solution-ism at its worst. We are dumbing down machines that are inherently superior. - Gilfoyle

• Raghavendra Mudugal (3/1/2010)

After gaining some experience in the SQL (basically on MSSQL2000), now planning to get my first certification done on SQL 2005 (Database Developer) (70-441 and 442)

The first exam you need for SQL 2005 is 70-431 MCTS SQL Server 2005. The MCTS is a pre-requisite for the MCITP (70-441, 70-442)

http://www.microsoft.com/learning/en/us/certification/cert-sql-server.aspx#tab2

http://www.microsoft.com/learning/en/us/certification/cert-sql-server.aspx#tab3

Gail Shaw
    Microsoft Certified Master: SQL Server, MVP, M.Sc (Comp Sci)
    SQL In The Wild: Discussions on DB performance with occasional diversions into recoverability

We walk in the dark places no others will enter
    We stand on the bridge and no one may pass
  • Hello Gail

Thanks a lot.

I just gone through the link... in the "skill measured" tab.. is all that can be achieved by learning through the sql 2k5 express edition or with advance services sp3 pack? (which is available for free download from Microsoft).

please let me know.

ww; Raghu
    --
    The first and the hardest SQL statement I have wrote- "select * from customers" - and I was happy and felt smart.

• Rather get the 120 (180?) day trial version of Enterprise edition. There's a lot that's not in express. Or you can buy a developer licence (developer edition) for around $50.

Gail Shaw
    Microsoft Certified Master: SQL Server, MVP, M.Sc (Comp Sci)
    SQL In The Wild: Discussions on DB performance with occasional diversions into recoverability

We walk in the dark places no others will enter
    We stand on the bridge and no one may pass
  • Hello Gail!

Thanks a lot again. Definitely going to get one.

You have any book recommendation or any tips to follow on?

🙂 RMudugal

ww; Raghu
    --

• sybex books, definately. i like them much better than those awful to read MS blue ones.

----

• G'Day! Bert!

Thanks a lot.

ww; Raghu
    --

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply