McAfee space issues - Event ID 1105

• I am getting this error msg in the Windows Event Viewer. I believe data needs to be deleted but could use some help.

Could not allocate space for object 'dbo.OrionTaskQueueMT'.'IX_OrionTaskQueue_State_Runtime' in database 'ePO_MS' because the 'PRIMARY' filegroup is full. Create disk space by deleting unneeded files, dropping objects in the filegroup, adding additional files to the filegroup, or setting autogrowth on for existing files in the filegroup.

How do I go about this safely?

thanks.

• So what's consuming disk space on your data file drive?

"Do not seek to follow in the footsteps of the wise. Instead, seek what they sought." - Matsuo Basho

• It is SQL Server 2012 and is hosted on the C drive. The C drive has 12 gb of free space.

thanks.

• i've had to address the same problem.

McAfee usually installs on an instance of SQL Express which has a hard internal limit of ten gig on the database;

available disk space will not fix the issue, you cannot make the database bigger.

because express has no agent, i have a job that runs these commands on a real server instance, to delete specific rows older than 30 days.

the code below assumes I've created a linked server from the prod version that has SQL Agent, to the Express instance that does not.

--The Table ProductEvents fills with lots of detected events; older events have no value

--and the SQLExpress version is limited to ten gig

--regularly trim the log so that we never approach the dbsize limit due to this table being large.

EXECUTE (

'select count(*)

FROM [ePO_MyMacafeeDatabase].dbo.EPEEventParameters MyTarget

INNER JOIN [ePO_MyMacafeeDatabase].dbo.[EPOProductEvents] MySource ON MyTarget.ParentId = MySource.AutoID

WHERE MySource.[DetectedUTC] < DATEADD(dd,-30,getdate())

'

) AT [MyMacafeeServer]

EXECUTE (

'select count(*)

from [ePO_MyMacafeeDatabase].dbo.[EPOProductEvents] WHERE [DetectedUTC] < DATEADD(dd,-30,getdate())'

) AT [MyMacafeeServer]

EXECUTE (

'DELETE MyTarget

--select count(*)

FROM [ePO_MyMacafeeDatabase].dbo.EPEEventParameters MyTarget

INNER JOIN [ePO_MyMacafeeDatabase].dbo.[EPOProductEvents] MySource ON MyTarget.ParentId = MySource.AutoID

WHERE MySource.[DetectedUTC] < DATEADD(dd,-30,getdate())

'

) AT [MyMacafeeServer]

EXECUTE (

'DELETE

--select count(*)

from [ePO_MyMacafeeDatabase].dbo.[EPOProductEvents] WHERE [DetectedUTC] < DATEADD(dd,-30,getdate())'

) AT [MyMacafeeServer]

run this, then shrink the database to about five meg or so, and you should be fine.

Lowell

--help us help you! If you post a question, make sure you include a CREATE TABLE... statement and INSERT INTO... statement into that table to give the volunteers here representative data. with your description of the problem, we can provide a tested, verifiable solution to your question! asking the question the right way gets you a tested answer the fastest way possible!

• is it possible to truncate the ProductEvent table? Instead of deleting from it?

thanks.

• yes, but it's TWO tables that are affected. you want to truncate both parameters and events. i think it might require a DELETE, as i think there is a foreign key involved.

also, there is no need to stop and start mcafee or anything like that; just chop-ity chop the data, no adverse affects except if someone uses some of the mcAfee reports...they suddenly have no data.

Lowell

--help us help you! If you post a question, make sure you include a CREATE TABLE... statement and INSERT INTO... statement into that table to give the volunteers here representative data. with your description of the problem, we can provide a tested, verifiable solution to your question! asking the question the right way gets you a tested answer the fastest way possible!

• If I run this cmd:

select count(*) from ePO_MS.dbo.EPOProductEvents

where DetectedUTC < DATEADD(dd, -30, getdate())

------

A straight table select returns 1277.

I don't have a table EPEEventParameters?

I don't believe this is SQL Express. I think it is SQL Server 2012.

thanks.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply