Maximum Disk Space needed for SQL Server 2012 Enterprise and All Features

• Hello,

I would like to ask if someone knows the approximate size of a FULL SQL SERVER 2012 Enterprise installation including ALL components (Full text search, DQS, client tools, books online, integration services, BI tools, etc)

The link below states 6 GB Minimum, but I'm looking for Maximum space needed.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms143506.aspx

(corrected wrong link) :w00t:

Thanks for the help.

NormC

--------------------------------------------------
    ...0.05 points per day since registration... slowly crawl up to 1 pt per day hopefully 😀

• this page has it broken down by application:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms143506.aspx

Database Engine and data files, Replication, Full-Text Search, and Data Quality Services

811 MB

Analysis Services and data files

345 MB

Reporting Services and Report Manager

304 MB

Integration Services

591 MB

Master Data Services

243 MB

Client Components (other than SQL Server Books Online components and Integration Services tools)

1823 MB

SQL Server Books Online Components to view and manage help content1

375 KB

Lowell

--help us help you! If you post a question, make sure you include a CREATE TABLE... statement and INSERT INTO... statement into that table to give the volunteers here representative data. with your description of the problem, we can provide a tested, verifiable solution to your question! asking the question the right way gets you a tested answer the fastest way possible!

• Thanks Lowell for pointing that out, when adding up the components it comes out to under 5GB

But in the link

In the "Hard Disk" section it mentions:

SQL Server 2012 requires a minimum of 6 GB of available hard-disk space. (then refers to the section you indicated)

I feel as though there must be something missing? Over 1GB is a lot of additional space. What do you think?

-NormC

...0.05 points per day since registration... slowly crawl up to 1 pt per day hopefully 😀

• sqlsurfing (8/16/2012)

Thanks Lowell for pointing that out, when adding up the components it comes out to under 5GB

But in the link

In the "Hard Disk" section it mentions:

SQL Server 2012 requires a minimum of 6 GB of available hard-disk space. (then refers to the section you indicated)

I feel as though there must be something missing? Over 1GB is a lot of additional space. What do you think?

-NormC

Install files, temporary files created during installation, etc.

• Ah that's what I was missing! I was not considering those factors.

Thanks everyone

-Norman

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply