Master Data Services (MDS) 2012 - cannot modify user functions

• I have run through the MDS Configuration Manager and created the MDS database, created a new site, tied the two together and am able to launch the site with my credentials (my credentials were used as the MDS administrator account). I am able to Add a new user and also able to add new groups using the User and Group Permissions. But when I try to Edit...Functions to add functions for the new user or groups ALL the options are disabled. The new users are not able to get to the Web UI since they don't have any function assigned yet, they receive the access denied message in their browser. Has anyone else run into this? Any thoughts on where to look? I've doubled checked the web/IIS prerequisites and everything seems to be ok, and like i mentioned everything seems to be working for my account, I just can't add functions to other users or groups.

Here is the version information for our system:

Microsoft SQL Server 2012 - 11.0.2100.60 (X64)

Feb 10 2012 19:39:15

Copyright (c) Microsoft Corporation

Developer Edition (64-bit) on Windows NT 6.1 <X64> (Build 7601: Service Pack 1)

• Found my answer. One of those eye-dee-ten-tee errors. Had to click the pencil (edit) on the function screen.

• @gascan --- I know it's 9 years later ---- but 3 of us just spent an hour smashing our heads against this particular brick wall.... and your post solved it. I most definitely owe you a beer! And I think we need to form a posse to hunt down the developers of MDS and give them some, ahem, *firm attitude adjustment*.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply