Master Data Services - Cascading Business Rule on constrained attributes

• Hi,

I am hoping that someone can shed some light on an issue I am having with Business Rules

I have 2 entities "entity1" and "entity2", an attribute in entity2 is constrained by entity1. Both these entities have an archive flag (numeric).

There is a business rule set on entity2, which checks the archive flag on entity1 and assigns the same value to the archive flag on entity2 (1 or 0).

After following this post Cascading Business Rules (Friday, November 12, 2010 11:44 AM), I have set up change tracking on entity1.

My rule reads as follows:

If (entity1.archive has changed in group 1 and entity1.archive = 1) then archive = 1

I have also tried this without the has changed condition (there is a second rule that reactivates where archive = 0).

When the rules are published, they run successfully first time. But when I change archive on entity1, and apply the business rules to entity2, they do not seem to identity that entity1 has been archived and entity2 is not updated with the relevant value.

Do I have to set the validation status manually? Or should this automatically pick up when the rules are applied or the version is validated?

Is my only option to set the validation status ID to awaiting revalidation via TSQL

and then execute

EXECUTE mdm.udpValidateModel @User_ID, @Model_ID, @Version_ID, 1

If you require any additional information, please let me know.

Thanks

David

• Bumping in the hope that someone is able to assist...

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 1 (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply