Manually deleting replication

• I tried restoring a database and because there's not enough drive space the database is suspect.  I tried putting back the status to not "suspect" it still doesn't do it.  There's a transaction replication going on this server.  Is there any way to delete the replication manually?

• This was removed by the editor as SPAM

• Dexter,

Replication is a very difficult issue especially when it has been destroyed or has been deleted improperly. I know because it has happened to me! It took me over three hours with the help of a MSDN DBA support tech trying to get me over the problem.

I will look through documents for any comments I had during my conversation with the tech. You can respond to this forum message with your email or click on my name send me an email. I'll send you what recordings I have.

Maurice

• Thanks for your response!  We actually fixed the problem.  Somehow my colleague tried restoring the db(140GB) but it failed because of low disk space on the drive that stores the log file.  There was another DB that was stored there and found out that it has a huge disk space.  I told him to backup the tlog and truncate the log file.  After we truncated the log file, we have enough space to restore the db. 

Anyways, i would still love to have that documentation of yours just in case we encounter the same type of problems with replication.

Thanks again for your help!

Dex

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply