Manual subscribe to a topic

• I like the old way to subscribe to a thread (single click).

Is there a way to be able to subscribe directly from the thead page (either with a single click, or with a second menu popping up with the options directly from the page VS going to a new page)?

TIA.

• Topic options, upper right corner. Click the "Subscribe to Topic" item when the menu pops up.

• I know Steve... what I hate abput it is that it takes 10 secs to do instead of 1 like it used to do in the old forum.

The redirect to this 2nd page is what takes the long time : http://www.sqlservercentral.com/Forums/Subscribe0-402206.aspx?ReturnURL=Topic402206-433-1.aspx.

what I mean by single click is that we NEVER leave the current page (except maybe for a reload (which is not really necessary since you are now using Ajax)).

• I'll add this to the list. Probably be dropped if we get the default subscribe set up instead.

• That wouldn't work either: at least 60% of the threads I post on is in response of another poster's message instead of the original poster.  I'm the first responder to a thread at most for 25%-30% of the threads I participate in, and then again I participate in at most 60% of the threads I subscribe too.

Those 2 needs are definitly separate and cannot be considered as the same problem.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply