Managing SQL Analysis Service Objects with SSIS and AMO

• Comments posted to this topic are about the item Managing SQL Analysis Service Objects with SSIS and AMO

• Can you use the same concept to backup an Analysis Services OLAP database and restore it to a remote server? If so please post the codes and procedures as I have tried to include this backup and restore in a SSIS package. Thanks.

• Thanks for the article.

I'm trying to follow the steps in the article and I'm stuck at the point where we are adding the references in the script task.

I'm using SSAS 2008, and I see a number of references starting with Microsoft.AnalysisServices, but no reference just as Microsoft.AnalysisServices, for example:

Microsoft.AnalysisServices.AdomdClient

Microsoft.AnalysisServices.AdomdServer

etc.

I also see a reference for Analysis Management Objects.

Which of these references should I pick, and how would that change the code?

__________________________________________________________________________________
    SQL Server 2016 Columnstore Index Enhancements - System Views for Disk-Based Tables[/url]
    Persisting SQL Server Index-Usage Statistics with MERGE[/url]
    Turbocharge Your Database Maintenance With Service Broker: Part 2[/url]

• Marios Philippopoulos (2/26/2010)

Thanks for the article.

I'm trying to follow the steps in the article and I'm stuck at the point where we are adding the references in the script task.

I'm using SSAS 2008, and I see a number of references starting with Microsoft.AnalysisServices, but no reference just as Microsoft.AnalysisServices, for example:

Microsoft.AnalysisServices.AdomdClient

Microsoft.AnalysisServices.AdomdServer

etc

I also see a reference for Analysis Management Objects.

Which of these references should I pick, and how would that change the code?

Answer to my previous post: I selected the "Analysis Management Objects" reference (version 10) and everything else was kept exactly the same as in the article.

Another question:

is it possible to have the same code in C# as well? I'm having difficulty converting between the 2 languages, I'm relatively new to this...

__________________________________________________________________________________
    SQL Server 2016 Columnstore Index Enhancements - System Views for Disk-Based Tables[/url]
    Persisting SQL Server Index-Usage Statistics with MERGE[/url]
    Turbocharge Your Database Maintenance With Service Broker: Part 2[/url]

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply