Managing multiple Servers

• Hi

Not sure whether I posted under the right forum.

I am managing multiple SQL Server instances span across multiple servers locations. (Some are clustered, some have multiple instances)

I am trying to get all information about the server hardware, and software configurations. But logging in to each server to receive the information is quite time consuming. Is there any way I can automate them. I managed to get most of the information using powershell (get-wmiobject) but I am unable to get the SAN information. Is there anyway I can get it without going through different programs

The servers belong to different domains, but I have administrative access to them

It looks like more of a windows administration related question, but it is important for me as upper management wants me to keep track of them.

Thank you

Cheers,
    Prithiviraj Kulasingham

http://preethiviraj.blogspot.com/

• Hi Preethvi,

can you just try xp_fixeddrives?

• To make it all nice and pretty, yet functional, build a website, with different connection strings to each server, which tie in with DMV queries, and have them post the results on the site.

or...

3rd Party Software...Idera, Redgate....

or...

use SSIS to extract the dmv data from each server into a central DB, and build a visual Dashboard on the central DB, with a 2minute refresh interval.

or..

get SQL Server 2008 R2 on all servers, and use UCP.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    This thing is addressing problems that dont exist. Its solution-ism at its worst. We are dumbing down machines that are inherently superior. - Gilfoyle

• thanks for the comments. My concern is how to receive SAN information. (Hard disk capacity used. Disk health etc.)

I am actually developing an intranet to provide the data.

Cheers,
    Prithiviraj Kulasingham

http://preethiviraj.blogspot.com/

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply