Maintenance issues with quoted identifiers ???

• Hello everybody,

I'm having a problem with a database created by Sharepoint. The problem is that the integrity checks and optimazation job from the maintenace plan fail with errors like [Microsoft SQL-DMO (ODBC SQLState: 42000)] Error 1934: [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]DBCC failed because the following SET options have incorrect settings: 'QUOTED_IDENTIFIER'.

I checked the settings and DATABASEPROPERTY (IsQuotedIdentifiersEnabled) returns 0. From the maintenance log I can see that the reindexing job fails at a specific table. But as far as I know there's no such thing as a TABLEPROPERTY quoted identifiers.  I also noticed that running the dbcc commands from QA I don't have a problem, but when again in QA the connection setting default is quoted identifiers enabled. I when tried to change the connection default for EM, but no success. I changed the database property but again, the same error.

Any ideas how to change the connection properties used by the SQL Agent jobsystem ? Or how can I get more information about the table causing the problem?

Thanks in advance

Markus

[font="Verdana"]Markus Bohse[/font]

• If you have SP4 installed, have a look at this :

http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=902388

MG

"There are two ways of constructing a software design. One way is to make it so simple that there are obviously no deficiencies. And the other way is to make it so complicated that there are no obvious deficiencies."
    Tony Hoare

"If you think it's expensive to hire a professional to do the job, wait until you hire an amateur." Red Adair.

• MG,

thanks for the hint. And yes I should have realised that I ran into the same issue before.

Markus

[font="Verdana"]Markus Bohse[/font]

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply