Maintenace plan won't change

• Hi everyone, I have some trouble with a maintenance plan on on of my servers. On the Integrity tab, the option "Perform these test before backing up" is selected. I now want to change this, so I clear the checkbox and click apply. Everything seems normal, but if I open the plan again, the checkbox is again selected.

Of course I can just delete the plan and create a new one, but I was interested if anyone else had this problem or if you have an explanation.

The server is running 7.0 with SP4 and before anyone asks, yes I have sysadmin rights and should be able to change jobs.

[font="Verdana"]Markus Bohse[/font]

• This was removed by the editor as SPAM

• Dont know what else to try. If you're realllly curious, you could could profile while you make the change, see if you see what is happening - maybe a transaction getting rolled back for some reason. Ideas...maybe job is still running? Get enough disk/log space?

Andy

http://www.sqlservercentral.com/columnists/awarren/

• I just tried it here and got the same results. It's not you or your install if that helps. Might want to try patching up to 1077.

Can anyone confirm if the 1077 hotfix addresses this?

From October 2, 2002 Release (part of the

A revocation of public access on an extended stored procedure.

A fix for the escalation of privileges vulnerability on certain stored procedures.

John Zacharkan

John Zacharkan

• Thanks for the replies. It's good to know that someone else get's the same result.

I'll try to get the hotfix but to be honest I doubt it will help. Anyway I've replacd the plan in the mean time and everything is working fine now.

M

• I finally found the time to come back to this problem and I found a document from Microsft confirming that this is a bug in SQL 7 and 2000. There's no fix available only the workaround, drop and recreate the plan.

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb%3ben-us%3b264194

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply