Maintanence job - Rebuild fails

• Hello,

I have scheduled rebuilding indexes on user databases which fails after running for 20 - 25 minutes.

i cant able to find out the reason, log file for the job states it has succesfully completed the job but job status is fail and i get a failure alert.

EXEC sys.xp_readerrorlog 0,1,'MaintenancePlan - Test',NULL

returns nothing kindly help me to find out the issue.

Regards
    Durai Nagarajan

• experts advice pls?..

Regards
    Durai Nagarajan

• If you are using Management Studio and Maintenance Plans, try this in Object Explorer: expand <Management>, expand <Maintenance Plans>, right-click the maintenance plan for the rebuild, choose <View History>. Thereafter, in the Log File Viewer, you should be able to see detailed information for each job step.

• i have check that but cant identify the exact error. this what it shows in log file viewer.

Note: this is a mantanence plan.

Source: Rebuild Index Task Executing query "USE [DBNAme] ".: 75% complete End Progress Prog... The package execution fa... The step failed.

Regards
    Durai Nagarajan

• If you can't get the error in any other way, try running a trace while you execute the maintenance plan.

John

• John,

Thanks i'll try that .

just a tought is a bug in SQL current our server is in sp2 will the other two service pack will give any solution to this issue.

Regards
    Durai Nagarajan

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply