@Machine is not a parameter for procedure InsertUnreferencedSnapshot

• I am getting the following error after install Reporting Services on Windows 2003. 

An internal error occurred on the report server. See the error log for more details. (rsInternalError) Get Online Help

@Machine is not a parameter for procedure InsertUnreferencedSnapshot.

I have installed SP2 and the latest HOT FIX.  The report services front end is running a separate WEB server (W2K3) and the with a another server running SQL Server 2K SP4 on W2K3 with latest service packs.  Has anyone running into this issue before?

• This error occurs on attempting to upload content to reports services.  The following is from the reportikng services log:

w3wp!library!14b0!11/16/2005-20:54:56:: i INFO: Call to CreateReport( 'todays reports', '/ExecutionLog', def)

w3wp!library!14b0!11/16/2005-20:54:56:: e ERROR: Throwing Microsoft.ReportingServices.Diagnostics.Utilities.InternalCatalogException: An internal error occurred on the report server. See the error log for more details., ;

Info: Microsoft.ReportingServices.Diagnostics.Utilities.InternalCatalogException: An internal error occurred on the report server. See the error log for more details. ---> System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: @Machine is not a parameter for procedure InsertUnreferencedSnapshot.

at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.ExecuteReader(CommandBehavior cmdBehavior, RunBehavior runBehavior, Boolean returnStream)

at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.ExecuteNonQuery()

at Microsoft.ReportingServices.Library.CancelableSqlCommand.ExecuteNonQuery()

at Microsoft.ReportingServices.Library.ChunkStorage.WriteNewSnapshotToDB(String effectiveParams, Int32 paramsHash, DateTime createdDate, String description, Guid snapshotDataID, Boolean isPermanentSnapshot)

at Microsoft.ReportingServices.Library.ReportSnapshot.WriteNewSnapshotToDB(String effectiveParams, Int32 paramsHash, DateTime createdDate, String description)

at Microsoft.ReportingServices.Library.RSService.AllocateNewSnapshot(Boolean isPermanentSnapshot, String effectiveParams, Int32 paramsHash, DateTime createdDate, String description)

at Microsoft.ReportingServices.Library.RSService.ConvertToIntermediate(Guid reportId, Byte[] definition, ReportSnapshot& intermediateSnapshot, ItemProperties properties, CatalogItemContext reportContext, DateTime currentDate, ParameterInfoCollection& parameters, Warning[]& warnings, DataSourceInfoCollection& dataSources, PageProperties& pageProperties)

at Microsoft.ReportingServices.Library.RSService._CreateReport(String report, String parent, Boolean overwrite, Byte[] definition, Property[] properties)

at Microsoft.ReportingServices.Library.RSService.CreateReport(Guid batchId, String report, String parent, Boolean overwrite, Byte[] definition, Property[] properties)

--- End of inner exception stack trace ---

• After looking into the error log a little more I found that these errors are calls to stored procedures in the ReportSeerver database.  When the install of the SP2 it failed to upgrade the database.  I reinstalled both reporting servrices and IIS and this fixed the issue.  Whew!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply