Lost in Translation

• Comments posted to this topic are about the item Lost in Translation

• I did a couple of subjects at university on coding supercomputers, etc. Memory management was always one of those things that could severely impact on the speed of your code - locality, caching, etc are all important. I haven't read your referenced article but I'd hope that there'd be some sort of advisor/wizard which could let the system admin ensure the settings were correct. Of course, someone in charge of such a wonderful computer should be aware and be able to configure it appropriately but it wouldn't hurt to provide it 🙂

As for the mandated non-admin application execution - it's about time! Definitely no one should need the sa account - I was at a hospital the other day where another consultant just needed the sa password to write some reports in Crystal. I pointed out that the application in question had its own sql-based login which had db-owner rights on the database and it could be used for report creation but his notes had him using sa and that was the way it was going to be.... I just got on with my work 🙁

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 1 (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply