Lost backup history, safe to reimport?

• Ninja's_RGR'us (9/6/2011)

Perry Whittle (9/6/2011)

Here you go

http://www.sqlservercentral.com/articles/virtual/72682/[/url]

Tx, will check it out later this week.

PS, I love how part 2 of the article links to part 2 of the article instead of part 1 :-D.

yeah the admins put those links in normally as i have no way of knowing what the path is on their webserver. I'll ask Steve Jones to change it 😉

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Ya can't make an omelette without breaking just a few eggs" 😉

• Ninja's_RGR'us (9/6/2011)

Can you ballpark the amount of time required to learn + install?

you dont want to learn all the clustering stuff, etc. You just want to install VMWare and deploy a VM and install sql server, a day should get you underway.

You can then do what you like to the VM and know the Live system is untouched. Once the VM is installed and configured you can set the virtual disks static so they roll back to a known state each time.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Ya can't make an omelette without breaking just a few eggs" 😉

• Perry Whittle (9/6/2011)

Ninja's_RGR'us (9/6/2011)

Can you ballpark the amount of time required to learn + install?

you dont want to learn all the clustering stuff, etc. You just want to install VMWare and deploy a VM and install sql server, a day should get you underway.

Might actually stray into clustering now that I have a decent tutorial (never really researched this!!).

Thanks again.

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 17 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply