Loop thru DTS.variableDispenser

• As anyone here loop thru the DTS.VariableDispenser, in a VB Script Task, to extract the name and value of all the variables in the package? I have not been able to find a way to do that without first knowing the name of the variables. I'm trying to develop a way of listing all the variables in the package and their values.

Alvin Ramard
    Memphis PASS Chapter[/url]

All my SSC forum answers come with a money back guarantee. If you didn't like the answer then I'll gladly refund what you paid for it.

For best practices on asking questions, please read the following article: Forum Etiquette: How to post data/code on a forum to get the best help[/url]

• Alvin Ramard (2/5/2009)

As anyone here loop thru the DTS.VariableDispenser, in a VB Script Task, to extract the name and value of all the variables in the package? I have not been able to find a way to do that without first knowing the name of the variables. I'm trying to develop a way of listing all the variables in the package and their values.

You cannot do this without access to the Package object at runtime. The SSIS framework currently doesn't provide this ability. CozyRoc have implemented Package Connection, which gives you the ability to access the package at runtime. It is part of the commercial toolkit SSIS+ . Let us know if you need assistance how to use it.

---
    SSIS Tasks Components Scripts Services | http://www.cozyroc.com/

• Thanks CozyRoc. That was not what I wanted to hear, but close to what I was expecting to hear.

I'll see what I can manage on my own.

Thanks again.

Alvin Ramard
    Memphis PASS Chapter[/url]

All my SSC forum answers come with a money back guarantee. If you didn't like the answer then I'll gladly refund what you paid for it.

For best practices on asking questions, please read the following article: Forum Etiquette: How to post data/code on a forum to get the best help[/url]

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply