lookup do not bring both amount from one account

• 0 Votes"0

Ysa8989-0610 asked · 0 secs agoActions

Lookup do not bring amount

Hello

There I have to datasets one for expenses and one for revenues, it is partially working because the lookup is bringing one amount only it should be bring all amount sitting there. Therefore I am out balance. The money is sitting there but my lookup is not bringing both amount just one,

Dataset 1 (expense acccount )         Dataset 2( revenue account)

0001           $550.00                                        0001               $550.00

0001               25.00

LOOKUP

=lookup(Fields!a_org_exp.Value & Fields!a_object_exp.Value, Fields!a_org_exp.Value & Fields!a_object_exp.Value, Fields!a_org.Value, "DataSet1")

• If you are using Lookup to get multiple values, that's the wrong tool for the job.   Also, how were you planning to display the multiple results you were expecting?   If that tablix cell has the Lookup formula, and for a moment let's pretend that it would return the multiple values you expected, what kind of formatting did you expect that cell to adopt?   There isn't a way to control such a thing anyway.   What you would HAVE to do is change your dataset to retrieve all the values available, and if there's more than one, are you expecting multiple rows in the tablix?   The only way to achieve that result is to use a JOIN to the necessary table within your dataset query.   If you were hoping for comma separated values instead, you'd have an ever more complex task:  that of joining multiple numeric values as strings, and then summing them in some fashion while they're still numeric values, and then doing all of that within your dataset query.

It just sounds like the wrong approach is being used here...    Please provide more detail...

Steve (aka sgmunson) 🙂 🙂 🙂
    Rent Servers for Income (picks and shovels strategy)

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 1 (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply