Lookup

• Hi,

Can you please explain how i can create a lookup in sql server like the one in ms access. Is it possible in sql server ?

Please help with a example.

thank you,

kiran.

• kiran 4243 (4/24/2012)

Hi,

Can you please explain how i can create a lookup in sql server like the one in ms access. Is it possible in sql server ?

Please help with a example.

thank you,

kiran.

This is an SSIS forum, yet your question seems to relate to T-SQL?

Most of us here don't use Access much - it may help if you describe what you want to do.

If you haven't even tried to resolve your issue, please don't expect the hard-working volunteers here to waste their time providing links to answers which you could easily have found yourself.

• Hi,

Thank you very much for your concern.

For example i have a stock_items table and sales orders table and i did a relationship between stock_items:stock_id (pk) -> sales_orders:stock_id (fk) but when i open the sales orders table i want to see the stock_description field in sales_order:stock_id column which means i want to bound stock_id column so that i no need use more multiple joins in my query this i acheive in ms access using the lookup field.

Regards,

Kiran.

• You need to remember that SQL Server is a server tool and MS Access primarily a client tool.

It sounds like you will be able to get a long way towards what you want by creating some views in SQL Server.

But if you want to display the info in a fancy way like Access does, you'll need to find (or develop) a client tool. You might be able to continue using Access as your GUI.

If you haven't even tried to resolve your issue, please don't expect the hard-working volunteers here to waste their time providing links to answers which you could easily have found yourself.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply