Contract to Hire Position: SQL DBA
Contact : Alissa Gould - email@example.com
We are a Michigan based company specializing in Business-to-Business (B2B) communications. Our clients include fortune 500 companies. Our core business is developing and managing multimedia training programs within the automotive parts and service industry.
This position’s job duties and responsibilities include:
• Database design and administration using SQL Server 2012 SSRS, SSIS
• Ensure all database servers are backed up in a way that meets the business’s needs
• Test backups to ensure we can meet the business’ needs
• Troubleshoot SQL Server service outages as they occur
• Configure SQL Server monitoring utilities to minimize false alarms
• Install and configure new SQL Servers
• Deploy database change scripts provided by third party vendors
• When performance issues arise, determine the most effective way to increase performance including hardware purchases, server configuration changes, or index/query changes
• Document the company’s database environment
Additional desirable skills and experience:
• Knowledge of Web applications from ASP.NET 1.1 to ASP.NET 2.0.
• Windows Server and IIS6 through IIS7.5 administration.
• Visual SourceSafe.
• Experience with Learning Management and/or Learning Content Management software, including SCORM compliance.