Looking for some reading material

• I'm looking for some reading materiel on a few topics. I'm developing an application to collect data from various sources then inserting the data into a SQL database for reporting. So there are a few topics I know I need to learn and probably a few things I don't know that I need to learn; so any help is appreciated.

So first off is that any documentation on best practices for getting data into SQL server? I’m also looking for material on SQL injection as I suspect that my app is currently vulnerable to those kind of attacks. Additionally any documentation on best practices for SQL Server administration would also be helpful.

If I missed an FAQ thread on all this please point me in its direction.

• search in google and scribd.com

• An FAQ on "How to get started learning SQL Server" would definitely be a good idea. I'll suggest it to Steve.

The way I started learning SQL Server was through SQL Server Bible, by Paul Nielsen. (I started with the book for SQL 2000, but I'm assuming you'll want the one for 2005. The one for 2008 is coming out in August, last time I checked.)

Microsoft Press has a bunch of good books as well.

- Gus "GSquared", RSVP, OODA, MAP, NMVP, FAQ, SAT, SQL, DNA, RNA, UOI, IOU, AM, PM, AD, BC, BCE, USA, UN, CF, ROFL, LOL, ETC
    Property of The Thread

"Nobody knows the age of the human race, but everyone agrees it's old enough to know better." - Anon

• Thanks for the suggestion; I’ll definitely checkout that volume. I've got a few of the Microsoft Press books and they've been a big help.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply