looking for Performance Tool

• Hi, Gurus

I have a q for you. I want to monitor our applications.

Meaning is that I want to proactively monitor our application during business hrs when users are using. Since I can not monitor all of screens or buttons that users click, I can only performance tuning on some screens or buttons that users notify us. If I know what screens or buttons that cause lag, I can run profiler to identify what SP or Views or Data issue.. something like that.

However I want to prevent this kind of issue by monitoring app.

Tool that I am looking for is that can identify which screen or button is causing an issue.. There are few prodcuts out there but they look like only monitor SQL Server DB or table or OS level..

Any Idea?

Thx in advance

Jay

• I think you're missing the point, what you're asking for is application monitoring for your particular application - only the application writers can do that or you could modify your application. In general terms there are lots of good sql monitoring tools - I'd personally recommend Idera SQL Diagnostic Manager which I've used now for 8 or 9 years, since it was sql probe. But no tool will tell you which button is clicked in your application, just sit back and actually think what it is you're asking.

[font="Comic Sans MS"]The GrumpyOldDBA[/font]
    www.grumpyolddba.co.uk
    http://sqlblogcasts.com/blogs/grumpyolddba/

• If by analyzing profiles he can identify the actual calls that are causing performance problems then the OP can (hopefully) easily grep through the source code to find where the calls are coming from.

Take a look at SQLBenchmarkPro too. Greg Linwood is a very smart sql guy and his company has produced a very helpful product.

Best,
    Kevin G. Boles
    SQL Server Consultant
    SQL MVP 2007-2012
    TheSQLGuru on googles mail service

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply