Looking for a starting point on what to search for

• I have just inherited a data warehouse and have been asked to do something I don't know how to find information on because I am not really sure what is being asked as how to translate to what it is called - a search term.

I have two dimensions. Just 2 in the cube. One has date relationships for quarterly information and the other has a huge flat system for everything else.

The primary dimension has a field of type tiny int. It is being used though as a boolean value but with a little more extensibility. So, for the purpose of this think of it as a field in a dimension storing a bit value. Now, this is a value saved on every record in the dimension, of coarse, and what is desired is to somehow use this dimension field as a fact. Where, the end user can slice by the field in Excel but at the same time use it as a measure...

I am not quite sure what that is called to find out how it is done. Any thoughts? Not clear? That was what I was given. I am looking to get the sum and average somehow and be able to use that measure as well as having it as a dimension field.

This is currently being done, from what I have seen, outside of the cubde itself. There is a pivot table in the Excel workbook where there are custom fields that hold averages.

• Cube >> Perspectives tab >> Calculations. Thought it was that, just didn't see. Found! Have what I need.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 1 (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply