Looking Back at the Year

• Comments posted to this topic are about the item Looking Back at the Year

• Hey,

Reading this made me look back towards my year as well. I recently graduate with my CS degree but got a job in networking at a telecom company. How can I try to get a DBA position?

thanks,

Tlx91

• Congratulations on the CS degree, @tlx91!

• This reply was modified 4 years, 3 months ago by  Doctor Who 2.

Rod

• tlx91 wrote:

Hey,

Reading this made me look back towards my year as well. I recently graduate with my CS degree but got a job in networking at a telecom company. How can I try to get a DBA position?

thanks,

Tlx91

Networking administration or support is a solid first step. Where I work, the last two DBAs we hired got their start in the support center and were then promoted to the DBA team. Even when working with Azure SQL, it seems most troubleshooting involves networking in some way.

"Do not seek to follow in the footsteps of the wise. Instead, seek what they sought." - Matsuo Basho

• "..This was my biggest year, where I flew over 140,000 miles and spent nearly 90 nights away from home.."

That sounds like an opportunity to read more than handful of books.

"Do not seek to follow in the footsteps of the wise. Instead, seek what they sought." - Matsuo Basho

• Eric M Russell wrote:

"..This was my biggest year, where I flew over 140,000 miles and spent nearly 90 nights away from home.."

That sounds like an opportunity to read more than handful of books.

Current count is 126 for the year, mostly fiction, but a few tech/non fiction ones.

• For me, 2019 was mostly good, but the last month was absolutely devastating.  My best friend of 40 years and the only person from college that I kept in touch with was hit by a car and passed away the following day.  Abe and I were both active in the gay square dance community, so I spoke at his home club (DC Lambda Squares, Washington, DC) the day after his death and also at my home club's (Independence Squares, Philadelphia, PA) annual holiday dance two days later.  The local gay square dance communities have been very supportive, but particularly those people who I also share a love of board gaming with.

Drew

J. Drew Allen
    Business Intelligence Analyst
    Philadelphia, PA

• Sorry to hear that, Drew. I can commiserate. Too many friends in the last decade have died in their 40s or 50s. Has really helped me to reassess my life and appreciate those around me.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply