Long shot - Use external drawing device for Microsoft Teams Whiteboard

•  

This is my favorite forums so I thought I would give a shot here. Like everyone on the planet we are working remotely, one challenge we run into in discussing whiteboard sessions, while Teams has inbuilt app whiteboard, it is not very intuitive to use mouse to draw diagrams. I was wondering if there is a USB device like Wacom that I can plugin and draw on Wacom that would reflect on teams whiteboard screen.

Open for suggestions how others just in general work on whiteboard sessions remotely?

• I do not have one of those, but I am pretty sure they are essentially just HID's (human interface devices) in Windows and LIKELY is simply a mouse-emulator

I have a trackball and using it on a whiteboard seems to work without much trouble.  Failing that, my second laptop has a touchscreen which works well with whiteboards.  not great as my finger is much larger than what I'd like to try to draw, but overall it works.

The above is all just my opinion on what you should do. 
    As with all advice you find on a random internet forum - you shouldn't blindly follow it.  Always test on a test server to see if there is negative side effects before making changes to live!
    I recommend you NEVER run "random code" you found online on any system you care about UNLESS you understand and can verify the code OR you don't care if the code trashes your system.

• Mr. Brian Gale wrote:

I do not have one of those, but I am pretty sure they are essentially just HID's (human interface devices) in Windows and LIKELY is simply a mouse-emulator

I have a trackball and using it on a whiteboard seems to work without much trouble.  Failing that, my second laptop has a touchscreen which works well with whiteboards.  not great as my finger is much larger than what I'd like to try to draw, but overall it works.

Thanks.  I felt drawing with my Logitech Trackball mouse wasn't that great, it definitely wasn't anything close to how I would draw on my personal surface tablet with a pen. Unfortunately just like lot of other companies we have some really good laptops provided by my employer but they are not touch screen.  I am still searching for options.

• I have a Wacom Pen/Pad that I can use in TEAMS Whiteboard. I am no artist, and I find it very difficult to use (in the way of / as an alternative to Pen & Paper). I suspect that it just me, maybe more practice would help, but it definitely works 🙂

• I would highly recommend a tablet. You can draw or write with a mouse, but a tablet is much easier and more natural feeling. the drawing tablet works fine with microsoft whiteboard app.

It can be a XP-PEN drawing pad , not necessarily Wacom . I got my tablet for less than 100 dollars (xp-pen deco 01) and it has served me well. It's pretty cheap and you get a working area of about the size of an A4.

• or ... I have seen people just put a physical whiteboard behind them, in view of the camera, and just write on that.

Stops anyone else in the meeting drawing on it too (obviously both a PRO and a CON ...)

• This was removed by the editor as SPAM

• This was removed by the editor as SPAM

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply