Logshipping problem all of my databases are set up the same however I am getting this problem with only one of them.

• Severity: Error

Source: MSSQLSERVER

Name: The log shipping secondary database has exceeded the restore threshold and is out of sync. Check agent log and logshipping monitor information

Description: The log shipping secondary database IBTKYPSP32A034.EnterpriseVaultMonitoring has restore threshold of 45 minutes and is out of sync. No restore was performed for 31592 minutes. Restored latency is 0 minutes. Check agent log and logshipping monitor information.

Domain: AD

Agent: IBTKYPSP32A034

Time: 6/20/2008 09:32:00

Monitoring server is my my backup server, However this message is coming from my primary server.

I have 3 databases and the other two are fine, I have stopped logshipping and started it again and even tried a manual re-sych to no avail. I still get this message, I have added a table to this with columns a and b and added rows with data and I can see this data going across so there is no error with he logshipping. Does anyone have any ideas how to stop this message from coming.

Regards,

Terry

• I think it might have something to do with the thresholds you set when configuring log shipping, from what you have said it seems to be set to 45minutes whereas you are not restoring the "log shipped" database that frequently and hence it falls out of sync and you get the error.

I assume you setup Log Shipping using the wizard? Can you look at the thresholds set for the db in question and change if neccessary, that may fix the issue.

Gethyn Elliswww.gethynellis.com

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 1 (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply