LogShipping LS_BACKUP JOB gets failed on primary and secondary LS_RESTORE FAILED

• Date 7/25/2020 7:41:04 PM

Log Job History (LSBackup_DB_NAME)

Step ID 1

Server ABCDBDATA

Job Name LSBackup_DB_NAME

Step Name Log shipping backup log job step.

Duration 00:00:00

Sql Severity 0

Sql Message ID 0

Operator Emailed

Operator Net sent

Operator Paged

Retries Attempted 0

Executed as user: DOM\user1. The step failed.

I have tried and checked all permission still Backup and restore jobs is getting failed. FULL DB restored successfully but LS_Backup and RESTORE jobs are failing with above message. Please asssit.

• I expect that anyone on the forum is going to need more than this.  Since the backup failed, it is obvious (to me) that the restore failed.  Without the backup, what is there to restore?

So, I would be looking at why the backup failed.  Go into the job, check the job step configuration(s), and go from there.

Or check the logs as they will likely tell you what went wrong.

Did this use to run successfully and is suddenly failing?  If so, I'd be checking if the account is disabled in AD, if the account password changed recently, if the account has appropriate permissions on the database AND to the filesystem, that the filesystem has disk space left, etc.

If this never ran successfully, then there is likely a configuration issue or permission issue somewhere.

Chances are the logs will point you in the right direction as "The step failed" is not a very helpful error message.

The above is all just my opinion on what you should do. 
    As with all advice you find on a random internet forum - you shouldn't blindly follow it.  Always test on a test server to see if there is negative side effects before making changes to live!
    I recommend you NEVER run "random code" you found online on any system you care about UNLESS you understand and can verify the code OR you don't care if the code trashes your system.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 1 (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply