logins disappearing

• Some of the logins are disappearing at times and needs to be created manually .
    Did anyone faced similar issue and have pointers to troubleshoot ? 
    I queried from syslogins , it shows in the table but not in the security folder of SSMS .
    I didnt find any related sql jobs or sql traces doing it . SQL error log as attached

• This doesn't look like the logins are "disappearing", but that the there is no user linked to that login on the database. When creating the login, are you also creating a user on the databases it requires access to and associating that user with the login?

Thom~

Excuse my typos and sometimes awful grammar. My fingers work faster than my brain does.
    Larnu.uk

• yes this is not a case of orphan users and I do see logins for few days when suddenly they disappear . I am curious to know that

• muzikfreakster - Monday, October 2, 2017 3:34 AM

yes this is not a case of orphan users and I do see logins for few days when suddenly they disappear . I am curious to know that

But there aren't any failed logins on the image, only failed access for users. The error message for a failed login would likely be either of the following:
    Login failed for user 'SampleUser'. Reason: Could not find a login matching the name provided.
    Login failed for user 'SampleUser'. Reason: Password did not match that for the login provided.

Your error is not that, instead it is specifying that it cannot explicitly access the specified database. This means that the credentials for the login were correct, however, could not access the database you have specified in the connection. This means that the Login has specified a database in the connection string, and the Login does not have a user mapped to them on that database. If the Logins were disappearing, you would see the first error message above.

Are you running any regular maintenance tasks on the database? Are you, for example, restoring it from another source onto the server on a daily/weekly basis?

Thom~

Excuse my typos and sometimes awful grammar. My fingers work faster than my brain does.
    Larnu.uk

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply