Loging Failure in SSIS steps in SQL agent

• Hi All

I recently did a SQL2005 migration and it has been a nightmare eversince. I ran SQL2005 on a virtual machine for around 2 months with very little to no issues but since the "live" implementation 1 week ago I have had errors all over.

This one is one I am battleing with for quite some time now.

The SQL server agent has a set schedule and the steps are SSIS packages. All the packages are set up with Windows authentication. The first package/step executes without a problem this step runns for around 45 minutes and succeeds but when step 2 is suppose to start the error below is shown and then a couple of steps on it starts working again.

Login failed for user 'Domain\username'. [CLIENT: <local machine>]

This occurrs on TSQL statements as well within the job but the message is different saying that it cannot find server 'local'. I do think that the 2 messages are linked but how I do not know.

If I start the job manualy and skip step 1 all runs perfect.

Any help would be appreciated.

Jacques

• This was removed by the editor as SPAM

• Hi All

This has been a nightmare to try and find a solution. I have found more symptoms but no solutions as yet.

The SQL server is very unresponsive when using SSIS to import packages from my local machine to the server. Even query analyzer takes its fair share of time to connect to the server and then to select the relevant database. Once a connection has been established all seems to work fine.

I found issues with using the BI development tool as well where testing of packages will fail and give a message saying:

Cannot detach from one or more processes:

[3460] Export Stock Books to Excel.dtsx: The object invoked has disconnected from its clients.

Do you want to terminate them instead?".

Even opening the package that links to 24 different excel files on the server takes about 30 minutes to open. When if opened on the server itself takes only seconds.

I even got timeout errors when deploying a new SSIS package and SSAS project.

To try and get the job to complete I moved the first step mentioned in the original post to its own job and own schedule and this seems to have worked. I still have 2 steps out of the 22 fail for no reason and when the SSIS packages are run from the management studio no issues were found. At least it is not 10 out of the 22 anymore. No other changes were done to code or to the packages.

What is most puzzling is that steps that executes stored procs will fail saying it can not find the server in a job scheduled in the SQL agent running on the same server.

The server is a default instance with very little to no modifications made from the original installation. It was also a clean install and not an upgrade from SQL 2000.

This is a data warehouse used throughout the company to make crucial decisions and this "little" issue has given me grey hairs to try and found a solution.

Any help or even pointers would a great help.

Thanks

Jacques

• Sounds unusual. A guess would be some problem with authentication/network, but I don't know why. If no better ideas come along I'd suggest a call to PSS. Spend the $250 to keep the gray out.

• This is similar to an error I was having when log shipping was set .

That was taken care of though when I replaced local with the actual name of the server on one of the supplied tables

Mike

• I ha same issue. Check if SSIS services started. It could been issue related to  KB918644.

Regards,

Milovan

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply