Login transfer in logshipping

• i have created a new login in primary server and provided dbowner permission to primary db.

how do i transfer this login to secondary server and assign the same permission to secondary db ?

Thanks

• Try this:

SELECT

'create login [' + p.name + '] ' +

case when p.type in('U','G') then 'from windows ' else '' end +

'with ' +

case when p.type = 'S' then 'password = ' + master.sys.fn_varbintohexstr(l.password_hash) + ' hashed, ' +

'sid = ' + master.sys.fn_varbintohexstr(l.sid) +

', check_expiration = ' + case when l.is_expiration_checked > 0 then 'ON, ' else 'OFF, ' end +

'check_policy = ' + case when l.is_policy_checked > 0 then 'ON, ' else 'OFF, ' end +

case when l.credential_id > 0 then 'credential = ' + c.name + ', ' else '' end

else '' end +

'default_database = ' + p.default_database_name +

case when len(p.default_language_name) > 0 then ', default_language = ' + p.default_language_name else '' end

FROM sys.server_principals p

LEFT JOIN sys.sql_logins l ON p.principal_id = l.principal_id

LEFT JOIN sys.credentials c ON l.credential_id = c.credential_id

WHERE p.type in('S','U','G')

AND p.name <> 'sa'

Best,
    Kevin G. Boles
    SQL Server Consultant
    SQL MVP 2007-2012
    TheSQLGuru on googles mail service

• You're going to have to do this manually. I would suggest that you find a better way to do this moving forward. Kevin's script is good, but if you have some script for creating logins, like a PoSh script, then you can add a duplicate in there to ensure that when you add a login on the primary instance/database, you also add it to the secondary.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply