Login Properties

• Tx for the tests. As I said, It's nice to know it can be null or 1900-01-01, but I won't lose any sleep over this even if I don't really understand the difference between 2k5 and 2k8 or the exact scenario that lead to this

• tilew-948340 (7/22/2011)

I have SQL 2008 (but on XP professional for learning - not on a server machine - Would that make a difference?)

Yes, it makes a difference. Most of loginproperties only works on SQL Windows Server 2003 and later, and needs options to be set in the OS that don't even exist in XP.

Edit: fix error spotted by Ninja's_RGR'us.

Tom

• Tom.Thomson (7/22/2011)

tilew-948340 (7/22/2011)

I have SQL 2008 (but on XP professional for learning - not on a server machine - Would that make a difference?)

Yes, it makes a difference. Most of loginproperties only works on SQL Server 2003 and later, and needs options to be set in the OS that don't even exist in XP.

Sql 2003 :w00t:, now that's old school 😉

• Ninja's_RGR'us (7/22/2011)

Tom.Thomson (7/22/2011)

tilew-948340 (7/22/2011)

Yes, it makes a difference. Most of loginproperties only works on SQL Server 2003 and later, and needs options to be set in the OS that don't even exist in XP.

Ouch :blush: :ermm:

That was a really bad way to spell "Windows".

Maybe the cold is impeding the channel between my brain and my fingers. :rolleyes:

Tom

• Tom.Thomson (7/22/2011)

Ninja's_RGR'us (7/22/2011)

Tom.Thomson (7/22/2011)

tilew-948340 (7/22/2011)

Ouch :blush: :ermm:

That was a really bad way to spell "Windows".

Maybe the cold is impeding the channel between my brain and my fingers. :rolleyes:

No way.

@steve-2

We need a new build list for that version of SQL. I can't seem to find it on SSC.com. Let us know when it's done :hehe:!

• On 2008R2 Dev Edition it produces NULL even when following the actionss in the question and yes I had to restart SQL server when changing security.

Whilst this does not detract from the value of the question, any query using this should cater for the ambiguous possible result(s) and be tested.

Far away is close at hand in the images of elsewhere.
    Anon.

• Nice question, thanks.

Need an answer? No, you need a question
    My blog at https://sqlkover.com.
    MCSE Business Intelligence - Microsoft Data Platform MVP

• I agree, to me correct answer is null.

I tryed on my installation using a login for which I had never typed an incorrect password and result was null

Viewing 8 posts - 46 through 52 (of 52 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply