Login issue for one Instance on failover node

• Hello,

We have two fail-over node 01 and 02 and three instances (Ins1, Ins2 and Ins3) on these two nodes.

I can able to login to all three instances from node 02 using my windows authentication but i can't login to only Ins3 on node 01.

I am receiving error as below while trying to connect to Ins3 on node 01.  After that error i can't login to node 01 and my reference account get locked as well. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

• This topic was modified 5 years ago by  EasyBoy.
  •  

• This reply was modified 5 years ago by  EasyBoy.
  • The error didn't come across if that was an attachment - could you type out the exact error message and error number?

Sue

• Cannot connect to the server.

------------------------------

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:

Login failed. The login is from an untrusted domain and cannot be used with Windows authentication. (Microsoft SQL Server, Error: 18452)

• Thanks...they show up now. You can find more information for the error in the SQL Server error log or clicking on the Technical Details on the bottom left of the error message box, the third icon. You want to get the state code for login failures.

Sue

• Login failed. The login is from an untrusted domain and cannot be used with Windows authentication. [CLIENT: 10.11.12.13]

Error: 18452, Severity: 14, State: 1.

SSPI handshake failed with error code 0x8009030c, state 14 while establishing a connection with integrated security; the connection has been closed. Reason: AcceptSecurityContext failed. The Windows error code indicates the cause of failure. The logon attempt failed 10.11.12.13

• EasyBoy wrote:

Login failed. The login is from an untrusted domain and cannot be used with Windows authentication. [CLIENT: 10.11.12.13] Error: 18452, Severity: 14, State: 1. SSPI handshake failed with error code 0x8009030c, state 14 while establishing a connection with integrated security; the connection has been closed. Reason: AcceptSecurityContext failed. The Windows error code indicates the cause of failure. The logon attempt failed 10.11.12.13

For SSPI handshake failed errors, you want to check the security event log on the server as it will provide more information on the specifics for the failure. Also make sure your password hasn't expired. The blog has more information and checking the security event log related to this error:

https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/docast/2016/02/11/common-sspi-handshake-failed-errors-and-troubleshooting/

Sue

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply