"Login failed for user '(null)'. Reason: Not associated with a trusted SQL Server conn "

• There's a great document which details how to configure and troubleshoot Kerberos delegation related problems here (it's essential reading for CRM 3.0 configurations where all the tiers are on separate servers):

Troubleshooting Kerberos Delegation

Great link and feedback, thank you!

__________________________________________________________________________________
    SQL Server 2016 Columnstore Index Enhancements - System Views for Disk-Based Tables[/url]
    Persisting SQL Server Index-Usage Statistics with MERGE[/url]
    Turbocharge Your Database Maintenance With Service Broker: Part 2[/url]

• Marios Philippopoulos (3/24/2008)

So at the moment I'm stuck with a less than ideal scenario, and I want to try the Kerberos-auth option...

Good luck. Make sure that you've got some good Networking & AD folks available.

[font="Times New Roman"]-- RBarryYoung[/font], [font="Times New Roman"] (302)375-0451[/font] blog: MovingSQL.com, Twitter: @RBarryYoung[font="Arial Black"]
    Proactive Performance Solutions, Inc.
    [/font]
    [font="Verdana"] "Performance is our middle name."[/font]

• On second thought, maybe you should just brung Brian along. 😉

[font="Times New Roman"]-- RBarryYoung[/font], [font="Times New Roman"] (302)375-0451[/font] blog: MovingSQL.com, Twitter: @RBarryYoung[font="Arial Black"]
    [/font]

• rbarryyoung (3/26/2008)

Marios Philippopoulos (3/24/2008)

So at the moment I'm stuck with a less than ideal scenario, and I want to try the Kerberos-auth option...

You hit the nail in the head!

I'm working with MS on the issue, and they have asked me to do a ton of tests that our IT Support team are reluctant to help me with, even though they themselves cannot fix my issue! I'm in danger of having the case closed my MS because of this! Very frustrating, but at least a learning experience in terms of having to work *harmoniously :-)* with other people and get the most done in the process! Will see how this pans out...

Sometimes I find that working with our IT Support team requires the diplomatic skills of a UN Secretary General! 😀

__________________________________________________________________________________
    SQL Server 2016 Columnstore Index Enhancements - System Views for Disk-Based Tables[/url]

• rbarryyoung (3/26/2008)

On second thought, maybe you should just brung Brian along. 😉

I don't think I can afford him... 😉

• Marios Philippopoulos (3/27/2008)

rbarryyoung (3/26/2008)

Marios Philippopoulos (3/24/2008)

You hit the nail in the head!

I'm working with MS on the issue, and they have asked me to do a ton of tests that our IT Support team are reluctant to help me with, even though they themselves cannot fix my issue! I'm in danger of having the case closed my MS because of this! Very frustrating, but at least a learning experience in terms of having to work *harmoniously :-)* with other people and get the most done in the process! Will see how this pans out...

Sometimes I find that working with our IT Support team requires the diplomatic skills of a UN Secretary General! 😀

Well, the good thing is Microsoft is always willing to re-open a case, even if they've archived it. I've been down that road before when I hit roadblocks in our implementation process.

Also, depending on the test, some of it you can run yourself with the normal permissions in AD. Some you can't (or shouldn't, like if they ask you to run netmon or something), but depending on the task, you may already have the rights to do it. Things like looking up SPNs, using KerbTray to check whether or not you're getting the right tickets, that kind of stuff you can do. DNS related things, to a certain extent, can be done using nslookup from the command line. If they start asking you to check networking config on the servers, trust relationships, etc., that may be a different story, unfortunately.

K. Brian Kelley
    @kbriankelley

rbarryyoung (3/26/2008)

The problem isn't price. It's time. Life-work balance (and that order is intentional) is hard to find in our industry.

K. Brian Kelley
    @kbriankelley

• K. Brian Kelley (3/27/2008)

Marios Philippopoulos (3/27/2008)

rbarryyoung (3/26/2008)

The problem isn't price. It's time. Life-work balance (and that order is intentional) is hard to find in our industry.

I hear that. All you have to do is look at the Posting times on some of these replies to prove that (even adjusting for time-zones)!

[/font]

• I'll confess I'm addicted to this site...

Every time I get an email notification on a new posting, it's as if it goes straight to my veins! :w00t:

I'll confess I'm addicted to this site...

Every time I get an email notification on a new posting, it's as if it goes straight to my veins! :w00t:

This site can be that way. If you look at the Top Points lists you'll see folks who have "binged" in the last 30 days. 🙂

K. Brian Kelley
    @kbriankelley

• K. Brian Kelley (3/31/2008)

This site can be that way. If you look at the Top Points lists you'll see folks who have "binged" in the last 30 days. 🙂

And, if you follow its link to the "TotalScores" page you can see who the long-term chronic addicts are. 😀

[/font]

• Another addict seeks advice here.

Marios, how did you resolve your problem? Does Microsoft help you anyhow? Any story to share?

I encountered the same problem and need to figure it out. I read through this post and think it is very helpful. There is another related link regarding this problem.

http://blogs.msdn.com/sql_protocols/archive/2006/08/10/694657.aspxhttp://blogs.msdn.com/sql_protocols/archive/2006/08/10/694657.aspx

My application side says their reports on the web server some times work, some times do not work with the same error as this post discussed. The reports call procedures on SQL2005 64-bit which links to SQL2000. The link above mentioned that token expires. It may be related to my problem. How to deal with this problem?

• Vivien Xing (8/3/2008)

Another addict seeks advice here.

Marios, how did you resolve your problem? Does Microsoft help you anyhow? Any story to share?

I encountered the same problem and need to figure it out. I read through this post and think it is very helpful. There is another related link regarding this problem.

http://blogs.msdn.com/sql_protocols/archive/2006/08/10/694657.aspxhttp://blogs.msdn.com/sql_protocols/archive/2006/08/10/694657.aspx

My application side says their reports on the web server some times work, some times do not work with the same error as this post discussed. The reports call procedures on SQL2005 64-bit which links to SQL2000. The link above mentioned that token expires. It may be related to my problem. How to deal with this problem?

Unfortunately, I did not pursue this to completion. It was taking an awful long to figure out, and I needed help from our sysadmin people which were not fully cooperative. So I have put this on the shelf for now.

The key is Kerberos delegation, as mentioned in this thread. Kerberos requires configuring SPNs for each computer based on the port

number(s) used by SQL Server.

Sorry, that's all I have, I hope you are able to solve it.

• Having a similar issue, but unfortunately everything I have read up to this point appears to be for a different problem.

First of all, I was able to access this system last week without issue. However, they renamed the machine over the weekend.

I have 3 systems in my office, and I can connect using my login from 1 of the 3. The other two I get the error.

"Login failed for user ''. The user is not associated with a trusted SQL Server connection"

and

"SSPI handshake failed with error code 0x8009030c while establishing a connection with integrated security; the connection has been closed."

However on the two machines that don't work, if I do a "Run As" using a different domain account, I can connect.

Any ideas?

• Looks like I had cached credentials to the old machine as the local admin to the machine for an old purpose. oops....

C:\WINDOWS\system32\rundll32.exe keymgr.dll, KRShowKeyMgr

I then removed them and all was better.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 35 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply