Login failed for user 'NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM'

• In order to at least remove one probable cause of this issue, I now have SQL Server 2014 and IIS running on the same (virtual) server. Still the same problem, so it can't be a double-hop issue.

I attach the latest log file also in case anyone can help before I throw myself off the top of the Shard.

• Is the problem that the spinner just stays and the report does not render?

Is that Surfari in your screenshot?

• Spiff (4/1/2016)

Is the problem that the spinner just stays and the report does not render?

Is that Surfari in your screenshot?

Yes, that's the issue. Not sure what you mean by Sufari mate.

• Surfari, isn't that the Mac browser? Not a Mac guy here.

What I was getting at is there can be rendering issues using Surfari. Your log file looks OK and the rendering isn't reporting an error. I'm starting to think the access isn't the issue anymore.

Have you tried a different browser, preferably IE.

Or this

Solution for ReportViewer control

Insert into .aspx page (or into a linked .css file, if avaliable) this style line

#reportViewer_ctl09 {

overflow:visible !important;

}

Reason

Chrome and Safari render overflow:auto in different way respect to IE.

SSRS HTML is QuirksMode HTML and depends on IE 5.5 bugs. Non-IE browsers don't have the IE quirksmode and therefore render the HTML correctly

The HTML page produced by SSRS 2008 R2 reports contain a div which has overflow:auto style, and it turns report into an invisible report.

<div id="ctl31_ctl10" style="height:100%;width:100%;overflow:auto;position:relative;">

...</div>

Changing manually (using Chrome's debug window) final HTML overflow:auto in overflow:visible i can see reports on Chrome.

• Spiff (4/1/2016)

Surfari, isn't that the Mac browser? Not a Mac guy here.

What I was getting at is there can be rendering issues using Surfari. Your log file looks OK and the rendering isn't reporting an error. I'm starting to think the access isn't the issue anymore.

Have you tried a different browser, preferably IE.

Or this

Solution for ReportViewer control

Insert into .aspx page (or into a linked .css file, if avaliable) this style line

#reportViewer_ctl09 {

overflow:visible !important;

}

Reason

Chrome and Safari render overflow:auto in different way respect to IE.

SSRS HTML is QuirksMode HTML and depends on IE 5.5 bugs. Non-IE browsers don't have the IE quirksmode and therefore render the HTML correctly

The HTML page produced by SSRS 2008 R2 reports contain a div which has overflow:auto style, and it turns report into an invisible report.

<div id="ctl31_ctl10" style="height:100%;width:100%;overflow:auto;position:relative;">

...</div>

Changing manually (using Chrome's debug window) final HTML overflow:auto in overflow:visible i can see reports on Chrome.

Yeah, but I'm not using Safari, but I.E.

No matter, will have read and let you know. I should mention that I'm suing IE on the server and Firefox on my workstation; same issue on both. The control will not render.

Thank you for persevering!

• Hopefully someone else will chime in!

Also - switch compatibility view on in IE.

• Spiff (4/1/2016)

Hopefully someone else will chime in!

Also - switch compatibility view on in IE.

OK Spiff, after a bit more research, I found a post that suggested that the setting the 'asyncrendering' property of the report viewer to 'False' would work. This has worked for me.

Thanks very much for your help and suggestions over the past couple of weeks - I owe you one.

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply