Login error - The login is from an untrusted domain and cannot be used with Windows authentication. (Microsoft SQL Server, Error: 18452)

• jonathon wrote:

I am having the exact same issue getting pronest to connect to the shared db on a windows 2016 server. I added the computer name/pw as a user on the server. The Pronest DB is set to use windows authentication and cannot be changed for some reason to both SQL and Windows auth. I also added the username and pw of the workstation computer to the sql database. did you make any other changes to get this to work?

I don't think you have the same issue as the original poster. You indicate the vendor database uses Windows authentication only. If you are adding Windows accounts or computer accounts, you wouldn't be specifying passwords. If you are trying to get the vendor application to connect to the database, you may want to contact the vendor of Pronest to get things setup correctly.

Sue

• Hi,

only for future,

if you will have some migration and will be diff service account but for example cluster name or listener will be same, dont forget delete SPN from old service account, because you can have same problem then also...

• While trying to make a mess of my domain I ran into this error. I changed the name on the domain account I was using and did not logout of the server I was trying to connect with. I had windows authentication set and tried to connect to the SQL server on that domain. This cause the error you mentioned above. I logged out and logged back in and everything worked as before. Moral of the story this error is thrown for invalid username.

• Make sure you're not connecting to alias.

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply